Tuesday, March 1, 2011

15mm SYW and AWI unit pictures

More 18th Century pictures!
15mm Old Glory Austrian Grenadiers

15mm Old Glory SYW Austrian Line regiment.

15mm Austrian "Hessian-Darmstadt" Dragoon Regiment

15mm AWI Polly Oliver figures. This is the 23rd Regiment of Foot, the Royal Welsh Fusiliers.
I made a note on one of the bases saying that I finished painting this unit on 11/28/1994.

15mm OG Prussian Line Infantry w/ mounted officer. This is the "Alt-Anhalt" regiment.

I really enjoyed painting these SYW and AWI figures. I spent a lot of time pouring over some SYW books I purchased in Berlin in order to get all of the button, cuff, and lace colors correct for each SYW unit. Uniform research is one of the aspects I really enjoy about painting miniature figures. I also referenced William Biles guides, "Uniforms of the Seven Years War" and a lot of SYW Association Journals. Thanks!

Cory

1 comment:

  1. I took these pictures with my camera (not my iPhone)and I think they turned out better!

    ReplyDelete