I had some free time this weekend, so I decided to start work on my plastic, Perry, War of the Roses figures. The figures are amazing, but I knew I was in for a job when I opened the box. Sometimes I think I would just rather pay more for lead figures then to have to fight with the super-glue and X-acto knife! But anyway, I had a good time of it because I moved from my normal work area, to the family room so I could watch college football on Saturday (go Noles!) and the NFL on Sunday (go Titans)! I was able to get all 80 figures cut, glued and assembled by Sunday afternoon. I did like how I was able to customize each figure. I also glued each figure to a card base, since I like to have a larger sized base to hold when I'm painting. I divided up the figures into a 32 man polearm unit and two 24 man archer units. They will be getting primed black here in the near future.
|Working on the figures. I have them grouped into their units here. Some are already mouted |
to a card painting base. My arch-nemesis, Super Glue, is also pictured.
|Another shot of my weekend project.|
|A painted 28mm Front Rank knight unit from the game we are currently playing.|
|A different view of the same mounted unit.|
|An overview of the battle.|